Monday, April 9, 2012

Oh, We Love Moisture!


As much as cookies love milk. I've added five new moisturizing facial sprays to my shop; Lavenderp, Lemony Lassie, Chamomile, Geranium and Jazzmin. For a quick moisture fix in the morning, just close your eyes and spray it on your freshly washed face, then let it air dry. My skin is combination/oily, so I find this stuff perfect. It's light and great for summertime, especially when it's super humid outside. I live in Illinois, and there are times when I swear to jeeves it's a damn rainforest here. At least, the mosquitoes make me feel like it, anyhow. Ugh.


So, I got myself a pimple the other day and decided to take it out with my own acne spot treatment creation. With concentrated tea tree oil and witch hazel -- a great astringent -- I made my own blemish blaster I like to call Zit Zappa! I love it. Tea tree oil is great for zits, but I find that when you dab it on full force it gets a little too burny and stinky for my liking. Pair this with the Geranium facial spray (awesome for oily skin) and you've got your acne issues sussed.


Also, for all you au naturale gals out there, I decided to offer a flavor-free version of my beeswax lip balm. Just the bare necessities in this baby, without the sweetness. Well, there's sweetness of course, but a different KIND of sweetness -- soft, moisturized lips! Enjoy all the new products, cookies, and have a great week.

xo
Piękny


2 comments:

  1. Sara

    Any idea how zit zapper would work on a ten year old? She has really delicate skin but is heading to teenage land and just started acne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great thing about tea tree oil is that it's safer and less irritating to the skin than most other acne creams. Zit Zappa is not pure tea tree oil, but also contains witch hazel, a great astringent for people with acne. This means the concentration of tea tree is lower, which would be great for someone with more sensitive skin. Here is a really good article published by the NYU Langone Medical Center that discusses the uses of tea tree and safety issues: http://www.med.nyu.edu/content?ChunkIID=21867#P2

    ReplyDelete