Saturday, July 28, 2012

Summertime Blues -- I mean, Hues!

I REALLY need to start getting on the ball with keeping this blog updated. I find that I get so insanely busy at home, I end up neglecting something really important to me; namely, this blog and all those who read it!

Now that that's out of the way, we can get down to business. I've got a wonderful product to review! It's been quite some time since I've given a product review, so here goes.

Logona Herbal Hair Color

Yes, I went back and tried henna once again. You think I would have learned from the first time, but you know what? You fall off a horse and yadda yadda yadda. So I decided to try this brand I found online called Logona, a German-based cosmetics company that specializes in all things natural. It's a smaller company that only has about 150 employees, which really only helps things in my view. Sometimes the smaller the company, the more involved personnel are in the making of products; not to mention all that extra attention to detail!

Not only does Logona have a ginormous selection of products in general, it also has a superb selection of henna. Brown Umber, Flame Red and Golden Blonde are just to name a few. The other neat thing is that they actually have a super helpful color chart that gives you direction on the best shade for your natural hair color. Naturally, I decided to go with Flame Red, but when I consulted the color chart, it wasn't exactly recommended for my hair color. The regular Henna Red, however, was. So I went ahead and purchased it.

Yeah, it was the same smelly pile as before. On the other hand, I was prepared this time. Let me tell you a little secret about applying henna to your hair: use Vaseline around your hairline and cotton piping. Last time I only used the Vaseline, and boy, what a disaster. The cotton piping makes a huge difference. If you don't have cotton piping lying around, simple unroll a few regular cotton balls and stick them on top of the Vaseline.

I will say that the Logona seemed to have a less pungent odor than the Light Mountain Natural henna that I used last time. It was still green and it still had a slight manure-ish smell to it, but it was not nearly as strong. One of the other qualms I had with LMN was that it left very little color in my hair; meaning, practically none at all. Logona, on the other hand, left quite a nice red hue and left my hair shining. I was really happy with the results, and I even have enough left over for another application when the color begins to fade.

Logona Liquid Foundation
One thing I thought I'd show you are the liquid foundations Logona offers. I myself use my tried and true mineral foundation from Noella Beauty Works, since liquid foundation has been putting me off for years with my oily skin. But for all you dry-skinned gals out there who are looking for natural liquid foundation, Logona gets pretty good reviews online (from what I've seen) and it might be something to try out. It's kind of pricey, but you can find deals on Amazon that will shave off a few bucks here and there.

That's all for now, cookies. Have a great weekend!

xo
Piękny Cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment